[Fredslist] Anchors Aweigh

ed at bienstockprivatejeweller.com ed at bienstockprivatejeweller.com
Mon Jul 23 15:48:05 EDT 2007

Kudos to Skipper extraordinaire Jerry Tuohey for welcoming my dad Nathan, architect Kevin Joyce, & myself aboard his wonderful boat "Latitude".
Jerry was the consummate host in what turned out to be a very exciting day of  "extreme" sailing.
After a pleasant drive out to Northport, we were informed by the marina staff that there would be no ferries running because of extreme winds. After waiting for near one hour the winds subsided & we were off! So glad we were patient!
My father, being an avid sailing enthusiast & instructor, was all smiles & in his own as he took the wheel & made most of the forceful gusts that nature provided. Kevin who has sailed predominantly on the West Coast took the wheel next & likewise was enthralled by the ideal conditions. I was "forced" to "bend my elbow" & help to drain the plentiful supply of beer provided by our generous host
In the meanwhile, Jerry threw out incredible trivia & historical tidbits concerning our environs.
All enjoyed an incredibly glorious sunset as our expedition wound down.
I have not had a chance to get away this summer, so this definitely served as compensation.

Thank you Capt.Tuohey!