[Fredslist] Need a Contact to a Local News Consumer Reporter

Rona Gura ronagura at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 10:17:55 EST 2007

Hi All,
  I hope Gotham can work its magic. I have a Ford  Explorer that, within the first 18 months of my lease, it was towed 5  times (the first towing occurred the 2nd day that I had the car) and  has been in the shop several more times. My children and I are now  afraid to be in the car.
   After the last time the car had to  be towed (during last week's ice storm) my dealer told me that he would  exchange the car. Today, I'm being told that the car technically  doesn't fit under the lemon law and, therefore, the dealer cannot take  the car  back.
  I thought that a bit of Public Relations  pressure from a local news consumer reporter may change the dealer's  mind. Does anyone know someone who may be able to help me??

  Thanks! Rona

  PS Please no Ford jokes. I heard them all. : )