[Fredslist] Lets Go Mets!

Fred Klein fklein at kzrd.com
Fri Oct 20 10:45:17 EDT 2006

Thanks to Gothamite Jeffrey Bernstein for inviting me to last night's
deciding 7th game between our Mets and the Cards. When I asked him if I
could pay for the ticket he responded that the cost would be changing my
Yankee hat for a Met hat on my website photo. No problem, as the Mets are
my second favorite and only NY team still alive. (See accompanying photo).
>From the rousing singing of the National Anthem by Glenn Close until the
excruciating, deflating 9th inning Homerun by Card catcher Yadier Molina
the game was a 1-1 classic. The crowd was really into it, constantly
cheering "Let's Go Mets" while waving the white Met towels given to us as
we entered. However, it was not to be and the final score was 3-1 as Met
star Carlos Beltran struck out to end the game with the bases loaded. Thank
you Jeff and I am a man of my word (sort of as this will have to suffice).
As the Brooklyn Dodger fans used to say "wait 'til next year" (for both the
Mets and the Yanks)!

Fred C. Klein
Klein, Zelman, Rothermel & Dichter, L.L.P
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org