[Fredslist] partnerships, ownership structure advice please

Stephanie Schwab stephanies at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 23:53:09 EST 2006

Hi everyone:

Maybe someone out there can give me some advice.  I'm working for a
small agency that has a single owner, and we're starting to talk about
my potential to become a partner and/or take part in some kind of
(yet-to-be developed) ownership plan.  I'm currently second-in-command
at our company - there may be one other person he's considering
offering some kind of ownership to, but I don't think anyone else
could be partner material at this point.  I'd like to chat with
someone casually about how these kinds of structures are typically
developed so that I'm better informed before I have this discussion
with my boss.

If you have a few minutes to give me your thoughts, particularly if
you're available by email or by phone in the evenings (my office is a
big loft so I really can't reliably talk during the day), please let
me know.

thanks!

Stephanie Schwab
cell: 646-345-5511