[Fredslist] Hurricanes

Fred Klein fklein at legal.org
Sun Sep 25 07:49:29 EDT 2005

I am far from a scientist, but the notion hit me that with all our scientific prowess-we did harness the atom-why can't scientists come up with some sort of aggressive attack strategy as to hurricanes, rather than our just hunkering down, retreating and surrendering to them. I remember when I was a boy, during droughts, planes would "seed" the clouds. Why not some similar effort at raising the low pressure or turning around the swirl?  Just wondering?