[Fredslist] Medicare Processing Expert

Howard Segal howard at hwsegalpclaw.com
Thu Jun 30 17:33:22 EDT 2005

A client has an aged mother with Medicare B and an AARP N7 policy. She has
been in a skilled care nursing facility with a severe decubitus ulcer (to
the bone) but her medicare coverage has expired.  AARP has advised that it
will reinstate her coverage if she is renewed for Medicare benefits and in
the ordinary course she must spend 60 days in a non-skilled nursing facility
before Medicare will recertify her coverage. Her doctor has doubts that she
will survive the 60 days in the non-skilled facility and has suggested that
Medicare sometimes will waive the 60 day rule (or shorten it) but that it is
necessary for someone knowledgeable in the Medicare field (and perhaps with
familiarity with the processing or processors) to properly present the
application for the waiver. Can any Gothamite make a recommendation for such
a knowledgeable and influential person to assist this client and his aged
(88) mother who lives in the Bronx.  The client expects to compensate the
attorney, medical professional, etc. for his/her assistance.  Please respond
to me and I will pass along the information and name.

Thanks to all who respond and have a good fourth of July weekend.

Howard Segal

Howard W. Segal, P.C.

845 Third Avenue, Suite 1740

New York, N.Y. 10022