[Fredslist] Any reviews of Zipcar.com?

Sarah Stambler sarah at e-tactics.com
Wed Jul 6 10:38:00 EDT 2005

Has anyone used zipcar.com - it's a new way to rent a car by the hour, or
half or full day here in the city.  Rates include a parking space and
insurance.

My concern - I called and asked about their liability insurance that is
included - there's a $500 minimum on any claim and they told me that the
coverage is the State mandated minimum amount.  Isn't that a risky level of
coverage?

I should add that they have a membership fee of $75 and keep a deposit of
$100 until you give up  your membership.

I would rent from them - but the insurance seems like a bummer.

Any thoughts on this?  I have no car of my own or any car insurance.

Thanks,

Sarah Stambler   <sarah at e-tactics.com>
E-Tactics, Inc.
Online Media Planning and Buying