[Fredslist] my client's book signing

AJOCPA at aol.com AJOCPA at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 12:54:51 EDT 2005

Hi Gotham,

Lets get out there and support my client at her book signing on Wednesday,
8/17 7:00 pm, at the Barnes and Noblet on 6th Ave. and 22nd Street. I will be
there after the Gotham Bombers playoff game! See the write up below.

Anthony Orlando

Hi, Anthony . . .
Don't know if you got my first email -- AOL spam-blocking has been a pain --
but wanted to remind you that my book signing is tomorrow night,  Wed., Aug.
17th.  I will, of course, send you a comp copy whether you attend or not, since
the book is dedicated "to my accountant Anthony, who told me never to throw
away a credit card bill."   Here are the details, and feel free to pass them on
to anyone else who you think might be interested.
Hope to see you there.  (Oh, and I seem to recall getting an envelope from
your office -- haven't opened bills in weeks, but will attend to this next week.)
Amy
WHAT: Signing (and a light talk/short reading) for Amy Borkowsky's new humor
book,
Statements: True Tales of Life, Love, and Credit Card Bills
WHEN: Wed., Aug. 17th, 7pm
WHERE: Barnes & Noble on Sixth Ave. @ 22nd St., more info at SendAmy.com
TELL ME MORE:(As seen on the "Today" show, in USA Today and upcoming on
National Public Radio.)
     "Plastic fantastic! Delightful . . . Borkowsky’s accountant once advised
her never to throw away a
credit-card bill. For that we owe him a debt of gratitude."
-- MSNBC.com

"Credit this writer for life lessons with a few laughs . . . sure to bring a
smile . . ."
-- USA Today

"Manages to be both funny and poignant . . . Bridget Jones' diary with dollar
signs."
-- Budget Living

     First, she shared phone messages from her overprotective mother in the
highly praised Amy's Answering Machine CDs and book... and now Amy turns to
another inventive source, her  American Express bills, to take readers on a
joyride  through all the twists and turns of the single life in  STATEMENTS: True
Tales of Life, Love, and Credit Card Bills. Every purchase tells a story.
     Not long ago, Amy Borkowsky was looking through some boxes in her closet
and became all-out, mascara-running, nose-blowing nostalgic. The boxes didn't
hold faded photographs or love letters. They held twelve years of credit card
statements, chronicling virtually every significant event in her life as a
single career woman.
     While she was too busy to keep a diary, it turned out that American
Express had been keeping one for her. And, quite unintentionally, they helped her
write STATEMENTS; True Tales of Life, Love and Credit Card Bills (August 2005,
Roadside Amusements/Chamberlain Bros./Penguin Group, hardcover, $19.95).
     The good folks at Amex recorded for all eternity the fact that on July
7th, 1992, Amy spent $89.12 at Victoria's Secret -- and that on July 17th she
returned the entire purchase, documenting in black and white a relationship
that unraveled just before The Lingerie Phase. The $30.25 charge for Amy's first
Caller ID box forever preserves the memory of her fruitless attempts to avoid
her interfering mother, and Amy can tell just how many late nights she worked
at her high-pressure ad job by tracking the charges for Chinese takeout.
Statements is an entertaining collection of true stories about how one woman,
quite literally, spent her early years living, working, and looking for love in
Manhattan, when it seemed like the only knight in armor she'd find was the one
on the front of her Amex card.  MORE INFO AT   SendAmy.com