[Fredslist] Magician seeking performance venue

Cindy Fields cfields at loyaltyalliance.com
Wed Feb 14 12:38:31 EST 2024

Gotham family, A good friend who is an attorney by day and professional magician at night, is looking for a performance space.  Below is information on her show and possibilities on the types of space that could work.  Any contacts/resources would be appreciated.  Maybe you'll even get a few free show tickets out of it!  Please send the information to me and I'll pass it on to her.  Thank you!  Cindy

Flavors of Magic (Www.flavorsofmagic.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__Www.flavorsofmagic.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=sf0L__IT4krp61M4yImNxXXmrLqZpLzqa7t2y5v3_vU&m=l2e-8lk0ItHYQlMzb0S-7WF7D3OdcgIB78lZ2qY7nDlFLP_ckDBbkAuMkdARfA0p&s=7L10qPpcmzUYuIhPv1u-kHMpvhzYITHQjrD-1ZFIWoo&e=>) is a project to show that Magic is for everyone and anyone can be a magician.  One way we do that is our signature show, Flavors of Magic, an approximately 75 minute show featuring performances by two or three magicians.   We are magicians who perform wonders from the heart, bringing different perspectives and our personal styles and stories to one of the oldest performing arts. We feature artists who are Black, indigenous, and people of color, LGBTQ+ magicians, lots of female magicians, performers with disabilities, and neurodiverse magicians. We believe that our backgrounds and histories are reflected in the art we create so we feature all kinds of magicians doing all kinds of magic.

In 2023, we had a residency for a monthly show at The Sydney Room, a cabaret space at 140th and Amsterdam.  We had a fantastic season with some really exciting artists bringin making for amazing mix of performers.  Unfortunately,  the venue closed down, leaving us looking for a new space to put on our show.

I can think of three possible ways to do that:

1- my top choice (if I'm picking) is to provide entertainment for a going concern, and they pay Flavors for bringing in the show.  I did this at the speakeasy The Rose Room for a while.  They would pay Flavors a flat fee and we would make sure the venue has a fantastic show with a variety of performers.

2- second choice is a partnership.  Flavors provides the show, the venue provides the space and sells tickets, and we split the gate.  Flavors is happy to promote, too, of course.

3- Flavors rents a venue for the evening and sells all its own tickets.

While we can be flexible on space, ideally we would have a small theater with a stage and a little wing space for storing the props. Alternatively, we could do a show like a floor show at an old-school supper club, or even switch it up and do close-up magic for people. For the right partner, we can customize the event.

Thanks so much.   Any help or suggestions of a venue are welcome and appreciated.  So much.

CINDY A. FIELDS, TEP, CFP (r), CWPP, CLU, ChFC, CLTC, RHU, REBC, MBA
Business Fairy Godmother & President
[cid:image001.png at 01DA5F42.654AEBA0]
Loyalty Alliance, Inc.
150 East 58th Street, 38th Fl., New York, NY 10155
Phone 212.570.1212; Web: www.LoyaltyAlliance.com<http://www.loyaltyalliance.com/>

Note:  This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient or otherwise believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original from your computer. Any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  Warning: All email sent to or from the Loyalty Alliance, Inc. email system is subject to archival, monitoring and/or review by Loyalty Alliance, Inc. compliance personnel.