[Fredslist] Divorce lawyer needed.

RitaSue Siegel RitaSue at ritasue.com
Fri Mar 3 12:57:13 EST 2023

One of my closest oldest friends has been living with a man for almost 20 years.  They have 3 children together. They are not married. The man is married to another woman he has not lived with for over 20 years. My friend and this man want to divorce. She has been told by the one lawyer she met with that she has no rights, that the man she has been living with will probably have to give her alimony and child support, but that's it.
I know in the Gotham membership there has to be a lawyer or know of one who can help my friend be comfortable rather than destitute after this event. The man can afford it. The children are minors.  He just had a heart attack and has given power of attorney to his daughters from his earlier marriage. He has asked her to move out of their house in Scarsdale immediately. Of course she won't, but this woman needs help now. Because he could die momentarily, no joke.
Please send me names and contact information (and any helpful remarks) and I will give them to my friend.
Thanks in advance,
RS

RitaSue Siegel | FIDSA
Founder + Former Partner