[Fredslist] Can anyone explain the change in Google Workspace settings to me

Jayne Latz jayne at corporatespeechsolutions.com
Tue May 3 13:52:00 EDT 2022

Hi all,
I have been getting notifications from google workplace and ignoring them
for a few weeks. I fear I must focus on it now.
DOes this mean I have to pay for my google emails going forward?
I am sure I am not alone in this confusion.  See the note below.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

[image: Google Workspace logo]
We will be replacing multiple-location Drive files with shortcuts starting
on June 27, 2022 and in the weeks thereafter.
*Some of your users will be impacted by an update to multiple-location
Drive files. Choose the update option you want for your Google Workspace
domain.*

Dear Administrator,

As previously announced
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEzjk5uNceX7iTMUHOs0uo_VCcbenMaJJ0Oplvk9KqhgNTuPNujXaBfevOp8TCjn6MMf1wqn9oRbyB_5nzfMiylD_EKf-7Aae2cBVeDFyyL8NODOxNINPp17szDz_MQHZ1g7Rwb4IHTZ6uXtP3rvUYQX51FyZJvaYNiQkPKbmeqqK5BfdI7Qgh8iDMimW8jwIAiK4w>,
starting on *June 27, 2022* and in the weeks thereafter, we will be
replacing multiple-location Drive files with shortcuts. Any impacted users
in your Google Workspace domain will start seeing an in-product
notification banner about two weeks before the replacement starts. The
banner will notify them about the change and will point them to a support
article
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEyImY5MDpEaNqOAg0kMTwr6_c63j8ZYNCtSE9bvOxVrC07MuXd4FZOXzIFM7fR3qbAMdkDEFAVFRsLSF8OcWnpuq4lciEpADtcZQnUI2OtUKwBZ>
with more info. *The migration will take place automatically—no action will
be required from your users*.
What do I need to do?

You can control when to create shortcuts in a shared folder within your
Google Workspace domain via the *Admin console*. Please *review* the Control
when to create shortcuts in a shared folder
<https://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEx-WMQinQQ1Hxo9YIHASQMDKggo_-ouZ_ezuJ4M0yjNXv7tRt81gLJocoAZrnVhfx4WAUYI-iNojQuQwdTFUvDMFq5V_tZ37T5l1ZgGxwI>
section in our Help Center, and choose the best shortcut creation option
for your organization.

If you don’t take any action by the time we implement the changes, we’ll
perform the update automatically and we’ll set the option to *Always create
shortcuts*.

Thanks for choosing Google Workspace.
*—The Google Workspace Team*

© 2022  Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

*You have received this important update about your Google Workspace
account because you designated this email address as a primary or secondary
contact for mandatory service communications in your Google Admin console
<http://notifications.google.com/g/p/AD-FnEzl2bztiCMcA7cNjdeVpSEpblLhTEiYTY7HUSJLEgQePpRTm9cqyOcjgoyhc28Q95N_PV7rnsIED49x>
profile.*