[Fredslist] Need help with my Father-in-Law, Rehab facility - need a Jewish Rehab or Senior Living Facility

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Mon Jul 18 15:37:00 EDT 2022

Gotham,

My father-in-law fell in his apartment on Feb 1
He was taken to the hospital, then rehab on Feb 5th
Then DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN Nursing Home on April 11th

For the 1st 100 days at Downtown Brooklyn, they provided OT, PT and other services.

Once the Medicare coverage expired, he's been warehoused.  No services, limited social interaction, etc.

QUESTIONS:

  1.  Do you know of Jewish facilities we can get hi transferred to?  He has medicare, Medicaid, and no personal assets, except his apartment

  1.  Do you know if we can sell his apartment and get him into a Senior Living facility?
     *   He is incapable of living on his home
     *   On the other hand, keeping him warehoused isn't beneficial
     *   He's a practicing reform Jew and he's missing those interactions

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell 917-685-7731
raj at brainlink.com<mailto:raj at brainlink.com>