[Fredslist] Shout Out - What Gotham Does Best

SCHWARTZ, DANIEL DANIEL.SCHWARTZ at xerox.com
Fri Dec 2 09:55:17 EST 2022

In the spirit of the season, I want to take a moment to send a special shout out to Gotham Co-Founder Fred Klein.
With my families move to sunny Florida over a year ago, there was and still is an adjustment period, especially for my now 15 year old son Joe. He has always had a passion for baseball and after moving, for the first time since the age of 5, he found himself without his favorite past time. I tried unsuccessfully to get him back into it and find a team for him. It took a chance encounter at the last Met/Yanks Gotham event at Citified, where Fred called Joe over to his make shift office in the upper seats, and had a private talk with Joe, followed by a gentleman's handshake (photo attached) that sealed the deal. When we got back to Florida and the new school year started, Joe signed up for the Merritt Island HS Travel Team. It has been a challenging time for Joe, both mentally learning the much advanced team functioning and nuances he never experienced in LI. But really the physical aspect of regularly working out at the school gym for over two hours a day daily. He is in very good physical shape (getting better weekly) and is learning discipline and good comradery on the team. But at times, when pushed hard, he wants to quit, but I show him The Handshake photo and tell him you made a deal to stick with it with Fred. So if you see Joe pop up on a random Gotham Happy Hour, you know its for Fred to see and continue to acknowledge the progress he is making.
Gotham is so much more than a business network. It truly is a family that takes care of one another.

I look forward to seeing more mentions on Fredslist of what Gotham has done for your business or your family!

Have a Wonderful Holiday Season and look forward to seeing you on the Virtual Gotham Holiday Party on Dec 6th.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Schwartz
Sr. Account Executive