[Fredslist] Gotham is Magic!

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Mon Aug 22 22:27:37 EDT 2022

Gotham,
If you have doubts about Gotham read this whole thing. If you have drunk the Kool Aid read it anyway.

You have all showed up for Gotham events that you felt were undersized. Don’t let it fool you. There is magic to be had in the moment. It is not about what they have to give you, the project you need that day, or anything of the sort. It is about who you might meet the relationship you build from there. There are many stories but I was reminded of this today. 8 years ago I went to a Gotham event maybe it was Green, maybe it was Construciton, or maybe be of any number of events I went to at the time, it was under-attended. But my friend, colleague, mentor, and my Gotham co-networker of the year 2011, Corey Bearak, introduced me to someone who worked for a city university, and needed some advice on his synagogue sometime in the future undefined.  We talked I offered help and I called and chatted once or twice. About a year later I provided him with the advice he needed. A year after that he asked for a proposal for a study. Now I consider this gentleman my friend we have done a few very small projects for him. This week I found out he has a new job and the big project my office just got was his new job and he recommended our office without hesitation. The person across the table from you in a room full of 10 can be the difference in your future. Reach out after the lunch, ask them how you can help, it will come back to you 10 fold.

Thank you Corey for the intro and for all you do for me and Gotham. That simple intro has been only one of many I know but each time you open your heart and hand it is an opportunity for which I am eternally grateful. I hope one day I can return to you what you have given to me.

Gotham and it’s members are magic!

All the best,
Josh

Joshua Zinder