[Fredslist] Encores learn how to change habits

MStern@aimresourcegroup.com mstern at aimresourcegroup.com
Tue May 25 08:20:09 EDT 2021

Good morning Gotham!

Our Encore meeting this week was enlightening, inspiring, and compelling as usual.  In addition to our core group, we welcomed four guests.

👉Our participants shared stories about the habits they have broken throughout their lives. From smoking, weight loss, and nail-biting to clearing clutter, email withdrawal, and shopping addictions, I think we heard about every habit that the group has struggled with.

👉When it was time for the spotlight, Roger Kahn did an impressive job of telling his story. He shared his personal experience of why he needed to break certain habits and how he did it. He started with a disclaimer that he is neither a nutritionist nor a doctor, but simply sharing his experience about how he broke poor habits and changed his life.

👉Roger recommended several books including the book Atomic Habits, by James Clear where he learned the four ways to establish a new habit:

  1.  Make it Obvious
  2.  Make it Attractive
  3.  Make it Easy
  4.  Make it Satisfying
The one that resonated the most with Roger was Make it Easy.  He felt that the other three are ways that Make it Easy.

👉Many thanks to Roger for inspiring us to push forward to achieve our goals with grit and determination even when it seems like the goal is impossible to achieve.

👉Please join us at our next meeting on June 28th when David Abeshouse will tell us how to JUST SAY NO TO IMPROVE OUR LIVES.

With warm regards for an awesome day,
Mindy

Mindy Stern, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
President | AIM Resource Group LLC