[Fredslist] The New Gotham Encores Group!

Victoria Roberts Drogin victoria.roberts.drogin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:29:12 EDT 2021

Hi Gotham -

Today’s meeting of the new Encores Group was fantastic! Thank you to Odey Raviv for conceiving of and launching this group and to Mindy Stern for organizing and administrating as GC.

I highly recommend this group to those interested in exploring a transition to the next phase of your life - professional or personal. This is an inspiring bunch of people who bring much wisdom and insight to the table.

Rick Raymond’s spotlight educated us and facilitated a discussion of what it means to be “an Elder” in today’s world. (See Rick’s new website for more information on Contemplative Leadership at https://www.rbraymond.com/) Surprisingly, despite our transactional and youth–obsessed culture, being an elder does not really have to do with age, as much as with compassion, wisdom and a commitment to mentor and grow those around us.

The topics around the table ranged from fitness, to food and wine, new hobbies, sale of businesses, how life has changed during Covid, to ultimately an exploration of next steps and what that might mean for each of us. We discussed giving back, service leadership, and the excitement of pursuing new opportunities. While many in this group are approaching retirement and feeling the freedom of exploring possibilities, the themes and topics apply to many in transition.

A fabulous meeting of people with diverse, inspiring perspectives and goals. Won’t you join us for the next one? (Watch for the emails, April 26).

All my best to the Tribe,
Victoria

Victoria Roberts Drogin, Esq.
Mercy College School of Business
Director, Business Professional Cohort
Founder, Women's Leadership Institute
Professor, Management & Organizational Leadership

Executive, Leadership and Life Coaching
Your Thinking, Your Business,Your Life.

917.418.2299
Victoria.Roberts.Drogin at gmail.com