[Fredslist] The Usual Unusual Cast of Characters ...

Shelley Simpson, Esq simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:13:00 EST 2021

The only constant when it comes to the Gotham Happy Hour is that it happens every Friday. This chronicler is not certain how to exactly judge whether last week was the best ever and perhaps it really doesn’t matter.

This weekly cacophony of comradery has continued for almost a year and there have been some consistencies. We can predict the appearance of some Gotham luminaries (actually everyone who shows up is a luminary in my book) like Corey Bearak (Government and Public Affairs Counsel); our founders Nancy Schess (Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs and Schess) and Fred Klein (Delegator in Chief); RitaSue Siegal (RitaSue Siegel Resources) and Paula Oleska (Natural Intelligence Systems) who serve as laugh track.

Ray Walcott (Sr Business Relationship Mgr Capitol One Bank) Mitch Tobol (CGT Marketing) Robin Nack (New York Life) and David Abeshouse (Law Offices of David Abeshouse) are always on hand reminding us that in Gotham you don’t have to say much to have a huge impact.

And then there is the irrepressible Norm Spizz (SPN Music and Entertainment) who has the largest repertoire of the worst jokes in the history of comedy and always supplies the best entertainment! This week he played a clip from the Gotham 2004 Follies in which, as you can see below, Fred received a bit of R-E-S-P-E-C-T from Alicia Evans. No doubt due to the jacket he was wearing. She was marvelous!

We had a screen full as you can see from the photo and everyone adds to the fun and frivolity. And if anyone is upset for lack of mention … get over it. It’s not easy to RWD (remember while drinking!) So much going on all at one time!

I do remember something about Raj Goel (Brianlink International) trying to get Waffle House to change recipes, and Matt Plociak (Voice of Reason Consulting) for some reason advising against vegetable for breakfast. Nancy got a little risqué (for Nancy not for the rest of us) and Bruce Swicker (EPIC Insurance) outdid himself when it came to the number of F-bombs dropped. But who is counting?

So there you have it! Stop by next week and see for yourself  And also, don’t forget that we have the Beatles Tour on March 25th and lots more for you to do in Gotham.

Be Well!

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

Find out about a simple and convenient way to support a healthy immune system …