[Fredslist] Attn: Gotham women or those who know women: My future daughter in law needs your help

Corey Bearak bearak at me.com
Mon Jul 12 13:53:30 EDT 2021

My soon to be daughter in law needs help from Gotham’s women, or the adult women colleagues and/or family members of folks in our tribe.  The ask is to participate at your convenience in a study.

Carrie is completing her doctorate at my Alma mater (Hofstra) and it includes the need to conduct a study — in which women 18yo and up CONVENIENTLY participate — on one’s body image and helping to navigate any issues and live life unburdened by such (my phrasing).

This is the text in her flyer:

*Do struggles with body image and appearance get in the way of living your life?

*A FREE 7-week remote (Zoom) treatment group for women will be offered as part of a study being conducted within the psychology department at Hofstra University.

*In these groups led by doctoral students in clinical psychology, you’ll learn information and complete exercises designed to help you navigate body image and appearance struggles that interfere with living the life you want.

*Groups will remain small, with only 5-6 women taking part in each treatment group. They are anticipated to begin in early Fall 2021. You will be asked to complete surveys about your body image and mental health throughout the course of the study.

*If you are 18 years or older, live in New York State, and identify as a woman, you may be eligible to participate.

*ALL participation will take place ONLINE, and your information will remain confidential.

*Use this link and complete the questionnaire so we can begin to determine your eligibility:
https://hofstra.co1.qualtrics.com/.../SV_cu0uwCHSZyIQ2wu

*Please contact the investigator, Carrie Webb, M.A., with any questions or concerns: cwebb2 at pride.hofstra.edu

[End of flyer text]

Thank you for your consideration.

(And I’ll not know of your participation UNLESS you tell me and that is not at all necessary).

Best.

-Corey

Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counsel
Networker of the Year-2012| co-chair, GOtham GREEN® | Gotham Towers | LI Legal | Gotham Power Breakfast Chair | Gotham Sponsorships Chair  | Moderator, Fredslist & Gotham Promos
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Corey at CoreyBearak.com ♦ StrategicPublicPolicy.com ♦ Bearak on Twitter
Author, The Public Ought To Know, available on Kindle and Nook and Apple devices
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my iPad]