[Fredslist] You're never too old ...

Shelley Simpson, Esq simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:05:19 EST 2021

Ponce de Leon searched for the fountain of youth … in Florida of course! Mega bucks are spent every year on anti-aging lotions, potions, surgeries … you name it. And so what happens when the decades pass and we find ourselves at yet another crossroad?

Yesterday was the first meeting of the newest Gotham Group formed by Odey Raviv. The name of the group “Forever Young” attracted a professionals from pretty much every field. Not sure the name will endure, but the group certainly will.

We discussed our plans for the future, our questions, and some concerns. As seasoned professionals we acknowledged that aging is part of life and only stops when we do - not an options we are looking to exercise. Also, “retirement” as a concept seems more a relic of the past than a plan for the future.

Thank you Fred Klein (Klein Zelman Rothermel and Schess) for always being open to trying new things and adding this Group to the Gotham roster.

Kelly Welles (Welles Financial Services) aptly pointed out that “stories are the legacy of civilization” and the stories from this group will provide an infinite legacy.  Without exception there was an openness to exploring options, a desire to serve as a resource for each other, and recognition of the value of connection and community.

While eternal youth is not a possibility, the ability to grow old and die young is not out of the question - being “young” merely means possessing qualities of vitality and vigor. We’ve got that!

Odey closed the meeting with a reminder that a successful life is not one without problems, but one where you have learned to overcome them. Listening to this group of successful individuals, I would add that the quickest way to grow old is to do nothing, and the best way to stay “forever young” is to live with mission, purpose and commitment to personal and professional growth.

Stay tuned for more on what this new group whose mission as stated on the website is to “find ways to make this exciting stage rewarding and satisfying as we discuss wellness, culture, mentoring … ” And within that ellipsis is the secret sauce in a recipe we will all enjoy in the years to come. Watch the calendar for the next meeting!

shelleygram™️

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

Promote good health, prevent disease and slow the aging process … ask me more!

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

More than a Business ~ It’s a Mission!