[Fredslist] Saving the world ....

Shelley Simpson, Esq simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:55:21 EST 2021

Geraldine Newman (Newthynk) said it in a few words on Fredslist yesterday, "Great meeting of Gotham Green - important, relevant conversation! Check it out next meeting! You’ll be glad you did.”

And I will add some detail and along with a few photos of members, guests and speakers - two of the winners of the Gotham green Award 2020, who presented at what Fred Klein (Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs and Schess) refers to as the “save the world group.”

What can be more important than our air and water? Gotham Green Group, is diligently seeking out and showcasing those who are doing good work in the area of sustainability - the folks who work to protect those valuable resources.

Andreas Benzing (Passive House) is anything but passive. When it comes to carbon emissions, did you know that 2/3 come from buildings? I had no idea. Passive House addresses that problem. That’s how they are helping to "save the world." Check it out at https://www.nypassivehouse.org <https://www.nypassivehouse.org/about/our-team/>

Jim Periconi (Periconi LLC)another Gotham Green Award recipient in 2020 shared his role in making sure our earth is repaired before more damage is done as property is being developed and re-developed. What I didn’t know is how he educates his clients to prevent being sued and to also understand the value to their business that  “good citizens” can be. He too is helping to save the world. You can see more at http://www.periconi.com <http://www.periconi.com/>

We had some interesting guests too, who shared us how they are doing their part, and how we in Gotham can support their efforts to “save the world.” Imagine supporting work on sustainable communities as far away as Nepal, or understanding and supporting work being done to protect our water right here in the tri-state area.

In the Gotham Green Group we don't just kvetch about problems. We look for and support individuals, businesses and organizations  who are doing something to “save the world.” It’s important, it’s relevant and it is rewarding. Kudos to Corey Bearak (Government and Public  Affairs Counsel) and Joshua Zinder (Joshua Zinder Architecture and Design)for chairing this group.

Join us on March 16th when we join Gotham Philadelphia to hear from another of our Green Award recipients. Gotham Green is a place to learn, network, and have fun finding ways to “save the world."

\

shelleygram™

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

 Find out how you too can grow your own food all year indoors…