[Fredslist] MAD Monday - two free environmentally-related items of interest

Gail Koelln gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com
Mon Feb 22 14:27:27 EST 2021

Hello Gotham members,

Below is information about two free environmentally-related items that may be of interest to some of you:

1. One Earth Conservation is hosting a conversation about Transformative Conservation. The harms of the colonial culture of domination have been vast, tragic, and heart-rending to people and ecosystems. Who are we if we do not take concrete steps for the liberation of us all from systems of domination? Thus, we are called to organize in community for transformation. The ongoing damage to the Earth, to its many species, and to our fellow humans calls us out of our privileged position . . .and into what? We admit that we don’t know, yet we claim not-knowing as a necessary condition. If we knew in advance how the transformation would go, it wouldn’t be transformative. We join our spiritual practices of Zen and nature/multispecies connection with transformative conservation practices and offer what we have to a bruised and aching world. We begin with an invitation to a virtual conversation about Transformative Conservation – how do we center this in our lives and how do we build a center. What is it? How do we do it? What are the questions we should be asking? Can we build a virtual community? Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 2pm EST.

2. I volunteer for a group of more than 2,500 volunteers worldwide on a regeneration project in the country of Colombia. We call ourselves Earth Regenerators. We have an exciting opportunity to offer everyone who seeks to become a regenerator of the Earth. Last week, the SEEDS Regenerative Finance community gifted us 100,000 "seeds" from their alternative currency for us to give away to members of Earth Regenerators. Each person who donates $20 or more will receive 1000 seeds* and be invited into a two-month learning journey for all of us to practice together creating regenerative financial tools that support projects and people all over the world. *seeds is a new type of cryptocurrency that is much different than Bitcoin

If you are interested in either or both of these exciting and world-changing projects, email me at gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com and I’ll send you links to register and to more information.

Best wishes,

Gail

Gail Koelln