[Fredslist] VERIZON ISSUE - Help!

Geraldine Newman newthynk at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 15:21:50 EDT 2021

Help! I wandered into a Verizon store in my neighborhood to pay a bill and the guy in there told me I was due for loyalty upgrade and he could give me 2 new iphones on a trade-in on my current old phones (for the 2 accounts we had) and I would be paying less than the price I was paying with the old ones. Sounded like a no-brainer. And I trusted it since it was a Verizon store. So I thought. I did it and traded in the phones. Then I started getting big verizon bills. Upon investigating, I found out the Verizon store is actually an “authorized dealer”, the guy never sent my old phones in so Verizon is charging me not based on a trade-in but on new phones, Verizon keeps saying “go back to the store”, the guy at the store turned out too be he owner and I have never seen him again.The store says they will give him a message to call me and he never has. This has been going on for months.

HELP! It seems to me Verizon needs to be responsible. Does anyone know anyone of weight with Verizon, or what I can do?

Geraldine Newman

Geraldine Newman
Chief Creative Officer
N E W T H Y N K