[Fredslist] Ripples in our Lives

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Fri Sep 25 13:42:32 EDT 2020

Gotham,
There are people that we meet in our lives from womb to tomb that echo throughout our lives, relationships, and business.   I don't know if I believe in reincarnation, or former lives, but there are those people we encounter who return to us, support us, protect us like no others in our life.  Gotham is filled with these people for me......... but one among others stands out.

I have been working over the last few months to demolish the building that my office is in and replace this 100 year old office building with a new Graduate Hotel. As a result I am being forced to move. I have luckily found a new home for my firm and in looking for a mortgage and construction loan for the project I received an Term offer from Scott Backman of First Bank.  He explained how well he knew me and why he was offering me the deal that no one could compete with the answer was Carly Meyer.  Yes Gotham's own Carly Meyer.

At another moment I have been confronted with some legal issues that were beyond reason and normal focus Carly introduced me the George McClellan (not the Civil War General although apparently he is related, and no one I would rather go into battle with) he has been a life saver and again Carly has come to my rescue.

I had the pleasure to play golf with Carly this past week and she again was a mentor and anchor and in so many ways a savior. Her golf tips were indispensable and her cheerleading was heartwarming.

Carly is in Philadelphia working for Wilmington Trust. I know Gotham has always been NY focused,  but if you have not reached out to this former Gotham Networker of the Year and not gotten to know Carly you have missed out on one of the true Gems in Gotham!

I look at my life and the last 14 years I have known Carly and I know she has supported me for more than this period but rather throughout time.

Stay safe and well.

All the best,

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Managing Partner
2020 AIA-NJ President-Elect

JZA+D
13 YEARS OF DESIGN EXCELLENCE

20 Nassau Street, Suite 25
Princeton, New Jersey 08542
T:609.924.5004 ext. 102
F:609.924.5008
www.joshuazinder.com<http://www.joshuazinder.com/>

In light of the increasingly serious public health situation, JZA+D will be transitioning to a remote work plan for all staff, effective 3/17/20.
During this time, to reach me directly please call my cell: 609.751.3032 or leave me a message in our office 609-924-5004 ext 102 the system will email me your message