[Fredslist] Book Club! Time well spent ...”Miss Jordan was the only teacher who made me feel loved.”Hats off to former Gotham member Pat Jordan. 🎩 🎩 🎩

Kelly Welles kelly at wellesfinancialservices.com
Fri Sep 4 14:42:55 EDT 2020

Tribe -

Wish you were there.

I eavesdropped yesterday, having clicked the wrong link. What a moving, insightful and meaningful group conversation!

THANK YOU AUTHOR BEVERLY DANIEL TATUM FOR YOUR PASSION, RESILIENCE & COURAGE!

Hats off to former Gotham Diversity member & NYS Teacher of the Year, Pat Jordan. Pat wasn’t there but might as well have been when author
Beverly Daniel Tatum, PhD talked about her sense of isolation from everything white while in school - until she landed in Miss Jordan’s class. Why? “She was the only teacher who made me feel loved.”

That love was a turning point for Beverly. Her statement is testament to the power of love, acknowledgment, being seen and inclusion.

Thank you Gotham once again for providing a forum for thoughtful exploration of timely subjects.

Kelly Welles
Co-chair & GC, NY Health & Longevity

Kelly Welles, President
wellesfinancialservices.com
Trusted Advisor to Attorneys and Accountants
Specializing in Insurance and Benefits
Cell   917-626-8590
www.linkedin.com/in/kelly-welles
WELLES FINANCIAL SERVICES

Business & Personal Financial Strategies