[Fredslist] I have recently seen an uptick in scams of all sorts

Sherry Rivera sherryrivera1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:27:58 EDT 2020

This is a compilation of things learned from news reports, my involvement
with NYS Dept of Health and Seniors.  Seniors are particularly vulnerable:

Scams reported ref to Covid 19:
-Android app that hijacks your phone when you sign up for up to date Covid
19 info
-Drs calling claiming they are treating family members and demanding payment
-Advance reservations for the coming vaccine
-Fake websites offering the much needed medical supplies

Seniors are particularly vulnerable so if at all possible a discussion with
seniors in your family *again , *may be wise.

SCAM with Census 2020 have already started so be sure the Census comes with
a return address of Jeffersonville, IN

NYS Dept of Health has issued an order to suspend all visitation to senior
living facilities and nursing homes to keep out visitors unless it is an
end of life situation.

If your family member is in a nursing home or Assisted living and is having
an issue or you are concerned about a problem in the facility your family
is in, I can try to help.  More so in Nassau County but even elsewhere I
can try or get a place for you to report it..

*Regards,*

*Sherry Rivera*
*E**NVIRRON*
*NYC and NYS WBE Certified*
*Supplier of Commercial & Industrial Building & Maintenance Materials*
100 North Village Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
516 458-5384 Mobile
516 594-1400 Office