[Fredslist] Need NYC Civil Court default judgment vacated

pdubrow at pipeline.com pdubrow at pipeline.com
Thu Jan 30 12:05:00 EST 2020

Dear Gotham,

For friends of a friend, a family that owns an iconic sandwich shop on
Greenwich Avenue in the West Village.   They're from Costa Rica; Spanish is
their primary language.  A vendor signed them up for a charge card-reading
device that they were unable to use, so they repeatedly asked him to take it
back.  They didn't pay attention to the Summons when they were sued for the
accruing license fee - and now there's a default judgment and their bank
account has been frozen.

Sounds to me like there's a good defense against the complaint.

Can one of our noble Manhattan lawyers step in?   Or suggest someone?
Spanish-speaking preferred, but they're able to converse in English.

Thanks, much.

Phyllis E. Dubrow | Attorney at Law

60 East 42nd Street | Suite 4600 | New York NY  10165

T: (212) 661-2885 | F: (212) 409-8682 | E: pdubrow at pipeline.com