[Fredslist] Let's try that again... Looking to network with Gotham members who...

Ester Horowitz witsowitz at verizon.net
Tue Sep 17 17:33:57 EDT 2019

Hi Gotham,

I work with a virtual Emergency Room service that is used as strategy in front of health plan designs.  What it means is that a member can call and get an ER doctor right away if they don't think they have a life threatening emergency even though we have actually handled those things too.  It's my goal to get into Medicaid managed care plans.  Because it is used as a strategy it must be approved first by C-Suite managers meaning CEOs, CMOs, COO, Sr VP of Population Health, Sr VP of Innovation, etc.

I'm hoping to get introduced to people who work for the following companies and might be able to navigate me to the C-Suite.  The companies are Empire BCBS's Healthplus -Amerigroup, United Community Health Plan owned by United Health Plan, WellCare, Anthem, Excellus BCBS, Healthnow, Metro Plus.

Just so we are clear, a broker or a person who sells insurance locally most likely will not have relationships unless they too are C-Suites that have arranged with health plan C-Suites to represent them or they are very, very, large benefit brokers like Benefits Mall. So I appreciate being referred there, but I would most likely be wasting the person's time.  Although I'm always willing to help support any Gotham referral and member.

Some of the functions that might be inside insurance plans include attorneys working with compliance or claims, attorneys negotiating contracts with provider relations or representing employees of health plans or the healthplan about employee issues, billing companies with relationships at the VP level for credentialing or claims, anyone representing an accountable care organization, a very large medical practice or hospital engaging with insurance plans, etc.  Hope that helps.

Thank you for what ever support you can provide. It is always appreciated.