[Fredslist] Hiring an Employee From Canada - protocall?

promosintl at aol.com promosintl at aol.com
Mon Oct 21 11:57:00 EDT 2019

Hello, Gotham, We have a position at our company which looks like it can be filled with a gentlemen looking to move to the US from Canada.  Up until now, he has requested documents, job offer and some details of us in order to complete the process for him (on the Canadian side).  In looking further, we presume there is a myriad of details or forms we need to complete as well.  The more we dig online, the more confusing it has become.  Does anyone know the process or forms we should be completing to be compliant on the USA side.  We are not sponsoring or we cannot guarantee him certain length of employment as we do not know him and we are an 'at will employer'.  We are willing to bring him on-board, however we are looking to make sure we protect ourselves as well.  This is a new process for us and we are not certain if it is an road we should continue down. If anyone has such experience with Canada specifically, we would appreciate some insight. Thank you  very much-Regards,Judie Moceri Promotional Solutions int'l201-362-4345