[Fredslist] Help With An Aging Landlord

Richard Raymond rickraymond at thefamilybusinessleader.com
Tue Mar 19 15:31:15 EDT 2019

Dear fellow Gothamites,

We have a client that has had a commercial ground-floor lease in a building on the upper east side of Manhattan since 2002.  She has a good relationship with the landlord, who is probably in her mid-80s and who lives in an upper floor. The landlord has, of recent, apparently due to age, demonstrated diminished facility in addressing issues in the building - issues that are impacting our client’s business.

Our client’s continued relationship with the landlord is important. She also wants to stay in the building.

We would hope an attorney could help in getting our client’s issues with the building addressed while respecting, if not knowing of solutions to, the landlord’s needs with aging.

Advice and recommendations appreciated.

Rick Raymond

Founder
The Growth Team
www.thegrowthteam.org
rickraymond at thegrowthteam.org

The Family Business Leader™
Succession Planning, Family Dynamics, Leadership Performance &
Entrepreneurial Development In Family Businesses
http://www.thefamilybusinessleader.com/ <http://www.thefamilybusinessleader.com/>

Zicklin School of Business
Baruch College, CUNY

New York, NY