[Fredslist] Exciting March 19 meeting

Susan Zinder szinder at zinderlaw.com
Thu Mar 7 16:12:28 EST 2019

YOU ARE INVITED TO the March 19, 2019 lunch meeting of the Make a Difference Group (“Gotham MAD”).  Gotham MAD is a networking group focused around people working with or in not-for-profit organizations.

The meeting will be held at the Club Quarters located at 40 West 45th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues) – close to a number of subway stops.  The meeting is called for 12:30 (and usually ends around 2) but we are hoping people come a little early to get the networking started as we expect the meeting to be crowded because of our guest speaker.

This promises to be an especially great meeting. Our guest speaker will be James Sheehan, Esq., the Chief of the NYS Charities Bureau (which is the office of the NY Attorney General that oversees the operations of not-for-profit corporations in NY). Jim has a well-earned national reputation as a tough and smart prosecutor and regulator who tries to proactively keep boards out of trouble through education.  His office is the one that has brought the suit against the Trump Foundation, the President and the Trump family members for failure to properly oversee the activities of a NY not-for-profit and for allowing the Foundation to be used for the personal interests of the President.  When one puts one’s political position aside, the complaint and the initial decision in the case provide primers on what not to do as a board member of a non-profit organization. Jim is also an engaging speaker and I promise you won’t be bored. It promises to be an interesting discussion involving non-profit governance and operation.

We are expecting people who work with nationally known non-profits to attend, as well as smaller local non-profits, as well as people who work in non-profits and people who simply donate to them.

Let me know if you’re going to attend.  To sign up just go to https://www.gothamnetworking.com/m/events/view/Make-a-Difference-Group-Meeting-2018-12-11-0 and click on the Pay Now button.  Lunch is $45 and I promise it will be an excellent event.

Finally, if you can’t attend but know someone who might be interested, PLEASE PASS THIS INVITATION ALONG to them, just let me know your doing so so that we can follow up on this end.

SUSAN

Susan Zinder

Law Office of Susan F. Zinder, PLLC.
1140 Avenue of the Americas, 9th Floor
New York, New York 10036
(o) 646-380-6715
(c) 917-370-3369
szinder at zinderlaw.com<mailto:szinder at zinderlaw.com>
www.zinderlaw.com<http://www.zinderlaw.com/>

This email and any attachments thereto, is/are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.   If you receive this email in error please notify Susan Zinder via email at szinder at zinderlaw.com<mailto:szinder at zinderlaw.com> or call 646.380.6715 and permanently delete the original copy, any copy of this email and any printout thereof.