[Fredslist] Join me and LoraKim for free programs on Governors Island on August 10!

Gail Koelln gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com
Wed Jul 31 11:04:35 EDT 2019

We’re leading 3 free programs – come to any, some or all! Hope you can make it. 😊

Here’s some info (learn more and register at https://www.oneearthconservation.org/events/wild-walk-and-more-at-governors-island):

Spend the day (or some of it) with One Earth at the House of Solutions on Governors Island. Join us for any or all of the following activities:

The first is a gentle "Wild Walk" (the third in our series) on to help you to connect with the beauty within yourself and the beauty and awe in the world (from 10:30am to 12:30pm). Next, there will be a Loving Animal Nature Workshop that includes practices to help you fall in love with all of life, including yourself, other humans, other species, and Earth (from 12:30pm to 2pm – if you’d like, please bring your lunch!). Finally, there will be a short lecture and group discussion on the "Intersectionality of Climate Change, Biodiversity Loss, Human Justice and Resilience"(from 2:30pm to 3:30pm).

The programs will be led by Rev. Dr. LoraKim Joyner and Gail Koelln, Co-Directors of One Earth Conservation, and are all free of charge.

The House of Solutions is a collaboration between the Human Impacts Institute and Climate Reality Project NYC Metro Chapter. The House is a place where climate solutions come to life through workshops, events, exhibits, and experimentation.

Gail Koelln

President

GK Grant Writing

Ph: (718) 776-7284