[Fredslist] what Gotham is about...skiing?

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Tue Feb 5 00:13:54 EST 2019

Gotham,
So many people have asked me what Gotham is all about...after this week I feel like telling them it is about .....Skiing.

Of course it is not but Gotham and skiing have allowed me to build a friendship with a Gotham Westchester member from down in Gotham Princeton.  I have been a Gotham member for a bit more than 12 years now and I can say there have been times when I question my commitment to Gotham, then I spend a week on the slopes with a friend who I would have never met without Gotham.  Damian Amodeo joined our Gotham ski trip to Snowbird 6 years ago and has joined every ski trip I have pulled together in the years since. We both have become addicted to the snow in Utah. (The hot tub, spa, and great food and wine don't hurt either).  But it is more than the activity I have come to admire the work the Damian does and for those who know architects that is something to say from an architect about a contractor.  We have over the years helped each other with leads and connections and hopefully soon we will be able to work together.  Gotham is a business  and social networking group with an emphasis on the social but honestly it is about more than that, and I am not talking about the leads or skiing. It is about friendships,  that would never come to be without the unique platform that Fred and Nancy and the tribal council created.

Damian I had a great week skiing with you!

Hope to see you again in March!  If anyone else is interested in March 13-18 trip let me know.

All the best,

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Managing Partner