[Fredslist] Let's get personal, shall we? Gratitude to Fred Klein and Joshua Zinder

Carly Meyer Bentley CarlyMeyerBentley at outlook.com
Thu Nov 15 06:47:22 EST 2018

[See the source image]
And it dawned on me....the aha moment...at last.
What is it about Gotham, about my extended Gotham family, this magic you speak of?

I recall my old paradigm. The ego based one.
In the early days of resurrecting and re-establishing Gotham Philadelphia, I would extend a personal lunch invitation to a prospective member. This person would promise to attend a meeting and.... then wouldn't show up. The pains of extending oneself and being disappointed. Ouch.

Grrrrr...This caused my red hair to BLAZE. A typical response from my old paradigm would be to "Never invite them again."

I called Fred....I called Josh....
A game changing conversation with Fred Klein, followed by reinforcement from Josh Zinder.(magical)
They both encouraged me to keep the door open and continue to invite them, even though they didn't show up.
They were teaching me the magic. Stay open.

Pretty soon, I realized it was the "art of giving" that I was learning. The selfless, ever diligent art of inclusion.

It took me 2 years of interacting with my extended Gotham family and seeking council from Fred Klein and my dear friend, Joshua Zinder to internalize Gotham.
Gotham is a noun and a verb.
Gotham has changed my thought process in connecting with people and how I go about business and friendship today.

Now, I recognize this "old paradigm" in others and encourage "a shift" in them.

In fact, my son Patrick is now "connecting" and performing these same types of miracles. I can see him in Gotham's future.

Ever grateful
CMB,

Carly Meyer Bentley, VP
Financial Advisor|Connector|Facilitator