[Fredslist] Acute Rehab Renatto

Liz Saldana lizsaldananyc at gmail.com
Sat May 5 07:38:58 EDT 2018

GOOD NEWS! Jerry's application to acute rehab centers was accepted by Helen
Hayes Rehab Hospital in West Haverstraw, NY yesterday (Friday). My
understanding is Helen Hayes in on the same level as Rusk and Burke. That's
what I was hoping for.

Once his application was accepted, everything happened very quickly. In a
matter of hours, workers comp approved the request, the Lenox Hill social
worker arranged transport and Jerry was taken by ambulance at 6:30pm. They
would have let me go with him; but I wouldn't have had a way to get back
home, so I'm driving up today. There are a few places on the hospital
website that offer accommodations to patient's family members; and I'll be
looking into those so I can stay overnight every so often.

I don't know how long Jerry will be in Helen Hayes; but my understanding is
acute rehab is a shorter stay than other rehabs because they work with the
patients a lot more. Depending on what he needs, it may only be a couple of
weeks. We'll know more once he begins physical therapy.

I want to thank everyone who reached out with suggestions for rehab
centers, offers to help and offers of best wishes.  We may not be able to
choose our blood relations; but we can choose family and I'm more than
grateful for my Gotham family.

And yes, I have kept a list of everyone who offered to take me out for a
glass of wine as I plan on taking you all up on those offers as soon as
Jerry is home.  😀🍷

*Live Healthy!  Live Happy! <http://bit.ly/2hRclV2>*

Liz

*Liz Saldaña*
*​Gotham First Co-Chair and Group Coordinator   *
*Gotham 2014 Networker of the Year​*

E: LizSaldanaNYC at gmail.com
C: 917-697-3005
W: http://esaldana.juiceplus.com