[Fredslist] FREE Nurture Nature call on Tuesday, April 3

Gail Koelln gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com
Fri Mar 30 15:50:29 EDT 2018

There’s still time to register for One Earth Conservation’s “Loving Animal Nature” call on Tuesday, April 3. Check out this link for more information:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/loving-animal-nature-tickets-43178342585

Here’s what the call is about:

This facilitated conversation helps participants deeply connect to and love animal nature. To live fully alive means we need to learn to live without fear and to die courageously. If we can embrace the reality of our shared and interdependent animal nature with all life, we will be embraced in return by nature.

We begin the conversation with some teaching/background given by Rev. Dr. LoraKim Joyner. Afterwards, participants will submit questions on topics that concern them and that could help them and the group live an empathetic and loving life towards all species, including humans. The world needs each to do this inner work so we can do the outer work to preserve and cherish life and well being. We seek no less than co-liberation - undoing how we grew up in a culture of domination and inequality. It is possible that we experience freedom with other beings.

The theme for this phone call is ecological empathy - of how we can be nurtured in nature, and how this in turn helps us be more accepting and empathetic towards ourselves, others, and reality.

Specifically we will work on connecting to nature, ourselves, and others using five natural intelligences summed up here.

Rev. Dr. LoraKim Joyner, wildlife veterinarians, Unitarian Universalist minister, and Certified Trainer in Nonviolent Communication will bring her experience and life's work to guide this conversation, while offering empathy and tools for this liberating work.

Gail Koelln

President

GK Grant Writing

P (718) 776-7284