[Fredslist] Potential Star Employee

Marc Lawrence lawrence.marc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:56:18 EDT 2018

I have a good friend who is looking for a new career path. She has very
unique experience in that she has been a Division 1 Softball Coach for the
past 20 years including running a major program to much success the past 12
years.

Although being a softball coach might not seem like it would translate to
business success, I believe the management and leadership skills she has
acquired is equivalent to some of the most high level executives in any
industry.

I asked her to sketch out some of the skills she has exhibited and mastered
in her current position:

·   Hire a staff

·   Recruit people (in my case student-athletes and families) to contribute
to our university and program mission/goals

·   Create a winning culture

·   Motivate, teach and develop young adults

·   Meticulous planning, organization, and scheduling skills

·   Prioritization skills

·   Budgeting

·   Fundraising

·   Public speaking

·   Critical decision making skills

·   Ability to work productively and successfully in a fast-paced,
high-pressure environment

·   Promote and communicate to a large number of outside constituents who
have a hand in the potential success of the program

·   Develop the ability to understand big picture goals, while at the same
time celebrating small victories that pave the path to these goals

·   Solution management/Conflict resolution

o   Ability to foresee all possible problems, issues, etc. and prepare
accordingly (emergency preparedness)

·   Proactivity in thinking and planning

I am happy to provide her resume - geographically she would like to work be
in NYC area.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--
Marc Lawrence