[Fredslist] Networking at its Finest

Dana Charlton DCharlton at kleinzelman.com
Thu Jun 28 17:01:29 EDT 2018

Gotham,

Today is my Retirement Day after 48 years of working for Gotham founders Fred Klein and Nancy Schess (Nancy not quite so long!).  It has been a wonderful 48 years, and today Fred topped it off with an awesome retirement gift from our law firm, Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs & Schess.

It all involved Networking, of course.  Knowing that I collect early American antique bottles, Fred reached out to Gotham member Burt Fendelman, fine arts/antiques consultant, to inquire how to find an antique bottle for my collection.  Now that is not an easy task, since adding a bottle to one's collection normally is a subjective thing.  Fortunately, Burt referred Fred to Norman Heckler of Woodstock, CT, who has been an antique bottle auctioneer/collector for many years.  Norman further referred Fred to Jeff Noordsy, bottle dealer/collector of Middlebury, VT.   I've been customer of both Norman and Jeff for many years, so they know what I like.  Jeff handpicked a bottle for me, a delicate yellow Chestnut Flask, mouthblown ca. 1780-1830.

I will treasure it forever both for Fred's networking and for the bottle itself.

In closing, may I say it was a pleasure working with you all, and I wish you the best in your future networking!

Gothamly yours,
Dana Charlton
Assistant to Fred C. Klein

Dana Charlton
Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs & Schess LLP
Gotham City Networking, Inc.
485 Madison Avenue, Suite 1301
New York, NY 10022
Tel:  (212) 935-6020, ext. 245