[Fredslist] On the crash, Gotham responds

Corey Bearak bearak at me.com
Tue Feb 6 16:36:44 EST 2018

This morning before heading out I read and responded to Nancy’s “Don't Panic <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/blogs/entry/Don-t-Panic>” blog.

This afternoon I received an interested article link <https://bankinnovation.net/2018/02/as-the-dow-crashes-betterment-wealthfront-users-locked-out-of-site-mobile-app/> shared to the Gotham Towers group by our chair Steve Lichtenstein <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/Steven_Lichtenstein> on auto trading apps (which I did not know exists but after reading could imagine them)..

I read the article,
"As the Dow Crashes, Betterment, Wealthfront Users Locked Out of Site, Mobile App”

and share the text:
"EXCLUSIVE—Users of roboadvisor investment service Betterment who hoped to minimize the damage of the DOW’s crash—1,500 points as of last count—are finding themselves unable to access their portfolios or even make it to the website.

The DOW’s present tumble led many to check on their investments and stocks, but Betterment customers trying to do so are currently unable to access the app, or log into the website. Those that can log into the site are reporting that the robo is lagging to the point of non-responsiveness."

[The article then goes to screen shots of tweets including images of crashed or error messages on the websites of both mobile apps.]
see them here <https://bankinnovation.net/2018/02/as-the-dow-crashes-betterment-wealthfront-users-locked-out-of-site-mobile-app/>.

Gotham has a treasure of advisors on this stuff and it may be a good time to speak to the one in your group or check them out on the Gotham website <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/browse.php?mode=extended>.  As I posted earlier to the great blog <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/blogs/entry/Don-t-Panic> today by Nancy Schess, "Gotham offers some really solid choices in that regard.”

I wish I thought of this email earlier as not much more time remains today for them all to respond by drafting Gotham Promo emails to that List Serve (promo at gothamnetworking.com <mailto:promo at gothamnetworking.com>) today, being it “Promo Tuesday," but there remain a few minutes left for those in the field to "share their wealth” — if not chime in on “Promo Friday.”  It would be nice to get more promos to approve (on that or other topics).

Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counsel
Networker of the Year-2012| co-chair, GOtham GREEN® | Gotham Towers | LI Legal | Gotham Power Breakfast Chair | Gotham Sponsorships Chair
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Corey at CoreyBearak.com <mailto:Corey at CoreyBearak.com> ♦ StrategicPublicPolicy.com <http://strategicpublicpolicy.com/> ♦ Bearak on Twitter <http://twitter.com/Bearak>
Author, The Public Ought To Know <http://intelligentarts.net/2016/07/oughttoknow>, available on Kindle <http://tiny.cc/lt6wpx> and Nook <http://tiny.cc/wx6wpx> and Apple devices <https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-public-ought-to-know/id945807340?mt=11>
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]