[Fredslist] Kerosene instead of gasoline damages truck!

Gail Koelln gkoelln at gkgrantwriting.com
Mon Feb 5 14:38:09 EST 2018

Fellow Gothamites,

Wildlife conservation has many challenges, but one I never realized is something as simple as filling up a much-needed truck to do parrot conservation work in Honduras and then finding out that you were sold kerosene instead of gasoline! The truck did not like that one bit and One Earth Conservation (a nonprofit organization of which I am Co-Director) now has to pay $2,000 towards the extensive damage done by this act of sabotage (whether intentional sabotage or not).

It turns out that the truck this project depends on is particularly sensitive to this type of problem and could break down again. So, we’re looking for help finding someone who would consider donating a truck (new or used) to this project.

You can read more about it all at this link:  https://www.oneearthconservation.org/single-post/2018/01/31/A-Dark-and-Stormy-Night-in-Honduras

Anyone who can help in any way, please email me directly.

Thanks all,

Gail

Gail Koelln

President