[Fredslist] Dementia / Assets Legal Advise

Tom Gallin tomg at gallin.com
Thu Apr 12 14:55:13 EDT 2018

Hi All,
I have a long time co-worker who is having a problem with her mother assets.  The mother has dementia and has been taken advantage of. Please read below and let me know if anyone is willing to have a conversation with my co-worker about her situation since she does not yet have a lawyer (if needed) guarding her interests.  Thanks.

"As per our previous conversation, here is a long story made short.  My  90 year old parent who has dementia no longer owns the home she owned for over 40 years.  Her tenant who lived in the home observed her mental decline and she signed her house over to him.  A petition of guardianship was filed to overturn the sale of the house but the petition was not granted to her niece who filed the petition it was granted to a court appointed guardian.  My mother is paying the attorneys and the guardians and the geriatric case manager and all other costs out of her assets."

Regards,
Tom Gallin

Gallin
Over 130 Years of Construction Excellence
102 Madison Avenue - 9th Floor
New York, NY 10016
(Office) 212-252-8900
www.gallin.com