[Fredslist] Support Volunteerism in Westchester & Rockland

Tom Gallin tomg at gallin.com
Tue Oct 3 12:59:13 EDT 2017

Hi All
Below is a great way to showcase what you do to make the world a better place and highlight your company. If you do any work in or your clients live in Westchester or Rockland Counties this is the most effective way to promote your business in the most positive light possible.

Tom Gallin

Greetings,

Our #Bridge2Give campaign is underway!  You understand the value of volunteerism.  You understand the value of advertising.  Let Volunteer New York! help you connect the two.
Wear a VNY! hat that will be spotlighted in the Westchester and/or Rockland edition of the Journal News to promote volunteerism and advertise your business at the same time.

Volunteer New York!  works with 500 local nonprofits in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties. Our programs range from Volunteer Hunger Relief Corps to Disaster Preparedness to Jobs Readiness Through Volunteerism to working with youth and those with age and wisdom.  The Volunteer Spirit Awards is Westchester's largest volunteer recognition event and is attended by more than 600 people from the corporate and nonprofit sectors.  We help with training and placement of potential board members through our "Next Gen Board Development Boot Camp" and coordinate corporate days of service.  We connected 20,000 people in just one year to volunteer opportunities. We have been at it for 67 years.

Through this special campaign, business and civic leaders who "wear the hat" will be spotlighted and receive the following:
-The Journal News will provide a 2-page color spread featuring participating donors wearing a distinctive hat. The spread will appear in print right before Giving Tuesday, (November 28).  This year there will be a Westchester and Rockland version of the spread, making it possible to advertise on both sides of the bridge.
-An online "players card" version of each donor lives online for up to a year, where contact information for the leader and his/her business can be found.
-On Giving Tuesday, a street team of volunteers will deliver your hat to your business and use social media to share your support with the community.
-Participants will be included in an exclusive networking party with like-minded leaders.
-Everyone is included in a handy A-List for future connections.
-And more!

For donors whose businesses span the bridge and support at the $1000 level, they will also appear in both print additions plus in a unique video.  You can use it to highlight a particular cause or organization, or explain what inspires you to do good.

 You will find online payment at www.volunteernewyork.org/bridge2give<http://www.volunteernewyork.org/bridge2give>   If you have questions or wish to schedule your photo shoot, please contact Alisa Kesten at (914) 227-9304. We can also take your credit card information between the hours of 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday or send you an invoice if do not wish to make your payment online.

Giving Tuesday has become the largest one day online day of giving in the nation, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.  Thank you and we look forward to connecting.

Here are links to this week's Westchester and Rockland blogs:

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/2017/09/15/giving-tuesday-bridge-2-give-christine-stufano-serial-volunteer/670359001/

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2017/09/15/making-impact-rockland-christine-silverstein/670578001/

All Good Things,

Ally Gallin
Executive Committee
Board of Directors
Volunteer New York!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D32E36.82036A90]<https://www.volunteernewyork.org/Bridge2Give>

Alisa H. Kesten
Executive Director
p 914-227-9304
f 914-948-3032
@AlisaKesten
@VolunteerNYnow
Twitter<http://twitter.com/volunteerNYnow> | Facebook<http://facebook.com/volunteerNYnow>
Instagram<http://instagram.com/volunteerNYnow> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/volunteernynow>
Leadership Westchester Class of 2005

Volunteer New York!
CONNECT. SERVE. GROW.
220 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Main Phone: 914-948-4452
www.volunteernewyork.org<http://www.volunteernewyork.org/>

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for use by the named addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person designated as responsible for delivering such messages to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message, in whole or in part, without written authorization from Volunteer New York!  This e-mail may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.