[Fredslist] Strength in Numbers? Not always in Networking

Mitchell Tublin mitchtublin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 16:17:52 EST 2017

Gotham,In a few moments you will be able to follow this thread.What should be clearly obvious to everyone is to takea deep dive into the Gotham Executive Group.Hope to see you at the next meeting.
March 8 - Hear about the new functions LinkedIn has for you.

 Mitch Tublin

Agent of Change, Leadership Expert, and
Professional Speaker
www.linkedin.com/in/mitchtublinwww.facebook.com/businesssuccessadvice

    On Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:48 PM, Richard Raymond <rickraymond at thefamilybusinessleader.com> wrote:

 I too planned to comment on Gotham's Executive Committee meeting last night, and am happy see that Andy wrote something to the entire tribe before I did.  As the say it’s not size that matters ….  This is a quality of the Executive Group. I see professional people who are leaders largely for their presence and who they are as individuals.
>From the perspective of Fred's Givers' Gain It was well worth attending this pre-blizzard meeting.  From the conversation I am able to get to know both Andy and Mitch in a much better way than before; and I am making introductions to both Mitch and Andy of people they want to meet. and I learned that Andy is a SCUBA diver, which I was in my earlier days; Mitch prefers snorkeling; and we shared stories of being underwater (… not in the vernacular we understand this word post recession).
Rick RaymondExecutive Group MemberGotham
FounderThe Growth Teamwww.thegrowthteam.orgrickraymond at thegrowthteam.org
The Family Business Leader™Succession Planning, Family Dynamics, Leadership Performance &Entrepreneurial Development In Family Businesses http://www.thefamilybusinessleader.com/
Zicklin School of BusinessBaruch College, CUNY
New York, NY212-777-0083 (o) • 646-594-5587 (c)

On Feb 9, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Mitchell Tublin via Fredslist <fredslist at gothamnetworking.com> wrote:
Thank you Andy for your kind email and for showing up!An attendee who left early to go to another networking meeting instead!
A death in the family!Enjoying Florida!A last minute client meeting!And three unexplained no shows!What is a Group Leader and GC to do!
The Gotham Executive Group holds their meeting!We hold our meetings on a WED. at 5:30 PM - there is food - there is wine.There is a warm conference room overlooking Bryant Park.Most importantly there is networking with a twist. We hold a think tank styleof a meeting within our meeting. People pay serious money to have thesediscussions about their business and their careers. A typical meeting hashundreds of years of business expertise in the room helping and offeringadvice. Do you want to have a seat at the table?All of the meetings are posted on the Gotham Networking Calendar.
Here are the next three - hope to see you there:
March 8 - hear from our guest speaker about the new aspects LinkedIn has to offer.
April 19 - hear from Corey Bearak on the almost 100 days in Part Two of his 'new politics' talk.

May 10 - a joint meeting with the famous Gotham Bandit Group.
Go to the calendar or events tab and select the meeting and sign up to attend. No Walk-ins. Mitch Tublin

Agent of Change, Leadership Expert, and
Professional Speaker
www.linkedin.com/in/mitchtublinwww.facebook.com/businesssuccessadvice

    On Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:04 PM, Andrew Lavin <andrewlavin at alavin.com> wrote:

 Last night, I had the good fortune to attend a sparse Executive Group Meeting.

While the newish group is still experiencing growing pains, the lack of attendance was instead an opportunity. Rather than casting a wide net of “howyadoings” with 20 people in a room, I had the opportunity to “dig deep” with Group Leader Mitch Tublin and fellow group member Rick Raymond, founder of The Growth Team.

Two takeaways:

-        Rick and I have been in a dozen meetings together, yet neither of us could easily remember each other's respective businesses, despite our elevator speeches in every meeting.  That tells         me you need to keep showing up, reacquainting yourselves and through only through that does the magic of Gotham occur.

-        Through various discussions about our businesses, interests, issues, we discovered commonalities, that led to anecdotes resulting resulted in potential synergies.  And yes, we’re having             lunch.

So next time you think about bailing on an under-attended meeting, DON’T.

Andy Lavin
Executive Group Member
President, A. Lavin Communications (Marketing Communications, Media Relations)