[Fredslist] New Philadelphia Member - Carmana Designs, Ltd.

Anna Maria Vona dsgninwomn at aol.com
Thu Dec 14 15:36:27 EST 2017

Holiday Hellos to All Gotham Members --

We (Anna Maria & Carmen Vona, Carmana Designs, Ltd., Philadelphia) are relatively new Gothamites in the somewhat new Philadelphia Chapter, joining this past August.  Recruited by Carly Meyer Bentley, who just won 2017 Gotham Networker of the Year, we were most honored to attend the Gotham holiday party at the renowned Friar's Club in New York City this past Tuesday, December 5th.

We started our journey at 11:00 am from 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, missing our first Megabus from Philly to NYC.  Not to worry, because the delay forced us to sit back and relax and have a nice lunch in our hometown at 30th Street Station.

Finally arriving in NYC about 4:30pm, we visited my sister, an award-winning documentary filmmaker, who lives in Chelsea.  Close to two hours after several ride-sharing apps failed to work and Lyft and Uber drivers who failed to show, we were resigned to hailing a cab cross-town.  By the time we disembarked two blocks from the Friar's Club, it was pouring rain and we arrived at the party one hour late and thoroughly soaked!

Not to worry though, we arrived a few seconds after Carly received her coveted award and were able to make it up the stairs in time for Fred's impromptu speech.  We were late and soaked and in an unruly mood, but fellow Gothamites immediately set to work making us feel part of the "tribe" right away.   In short order, we were welcomed by Allen Wolff, Tom Gallin, Daniel Van Hall and Sharon and Raj Goel.

Esteemed Friar Raj Goel made it a point to make us feel very welcome and ushered us through the building in a private tour capped off with a drink at the first floor bar because the party bar had closed so early.

We could feel the spirits of the legendary entertainment stars in the hallowed halls and combined with the gorgeous woodwork, the original Tiffany glass and the beautiful Christmas decorations, the effect was truly magical, so thanks to all who made us feel most welcome!

In business for over 37 years and housed in a 30,000+ sq. ft. facility, Carmana Designs, Ltd., designs, fabricates, finishes and installs high-end custom residential and commercial cabinetry in Philadelphia, New York City, shore points and all along the Atlantic seaboard.  Some of our commercial work has been shipped as far away as Nigeria, Ireland, Guam, Italy, Hawaii and the United Kingdom and our signature custom kitchens have graced the covers and pages of local, regional and national publications.  (Check us out at www.carmanadesigns.com).

We have designed, fabricated, finished and installed commercial cabinetry and woodwork for such esteemed names such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Godiva, Hollister, Macy's and Lancome and much of our cabinetry and woodworking have landed in local high-end restaurants, offices and retail stores

We truly look forward to creating enduring friendships with fellow fabulous Gothamites and are awaiting an even better holiday experience in New York City next December!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and Seasons' Greetings! (did I cover all the bases?)

Anna Maria Vona l Carmana Designs, Ltd.
1715-19 McKean Street at Colorado
Philadelphia, PA 19145-2937
215.570.3696 Cell