[Fredslist] Important Tips in dealing with Hermine

Jason Greenberg adjustman at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 11:58:44 EDT 2016

Gothamites- I hope this email finds everyone well. As Hermine prepares to possibly wreak havoc on our Labor Day weekend, I wanted to give you all some tips on how to be prepared ahead of the storm.
• My cell phone # on speed dial, 646-425-3711
• Fully charged cell phones and other devices
• Full tank of gas
• Flashlight (extra batteries)
• Portable battery operated radio (extra batteries)
• First aid kit with manual
• Non-electric can opener
• Cash and credit cards
• Tying down or storage of all outside property
• Reservations for a week's stay at a hotel if you lose electricity (most have back-up generators)
• All property insurance policies in your possession (residential, commercial, flood, inland marine (boats), and auto

The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale is a 1-5 rating on a Hurricane's sustained wind speed, so it's important to have your policy coverages handy. Sustained wind speeds of 73mph and below (tropical storm) keeps your regular policy deductible in effect. Sustained wind speeds of 74mph and above triggers your policy's Hurricane deductible which can range from 2%-5% of your dwelling/property which is Coverage A on your policy.

Most importantly keep yourself and your family safe. If you do experience property damage, call me, 646-425-3711, before you do anything or call anyone else. Also you can email me at adjustman at aol.com or jason at ppadj.com. As always, I'm here for you if you need me.- Jason

Jason Greenberg
President/Owner
Phoenix Public Adjusters Group
38 Middle Neck Road