[Fredslist] Bar/Bat Mitzvah help needed

Alan Siege alan.siege at sbmc.biz
Mon Oct 17 09:44:40 EDT 2016

Hi guys,

This may be a tall order, but here it is.

As part of my congregation's Bar Mitzvah program, all students select a Hero
or Role Model, and write about him or her.  My daughter, Mia, chose  Tina
Fey as her role model.

My congregation - the City Congregations for Humanistic Judaism, has
students explore their family's values, and then deciding which of  those
values (and other) they personally share.

The student then looks for a at Hero/Role model that embodies those values
and writes a short paper on why she feels this way.

There are other pieces to the Program, but this is the one where I need some
Gotham "magic."

If I can, I'd like to ask Ms. Fey - after explaining all of the above to
her, if she would consider attending Mia's (and her twin brother's) Bar/Bat
Mitzvah.  Her brother, Jakob,  has a very different Hero.  I think it would
be SO cool if she was a surprise guest at this memorable event.

The magic I need is getting me some sort of introduction to Ms. Fey.

The  ceremony will take place on Saturday, January 7th 2017, in Brooklyn, so
there's some time for me to work on this.

But I could sure use some help.  Anyone out there who wants to be a Hero to
me?

Thanks so much.

Best,

Alan Siege, Principal