[Fredslist] NYC noise ordinances

Peter Heller peter at peterjheller.com
Tue Nov 8 12:29:33 EST 2016

Folks,

I live in a rental building in Manhattan that has a bodega grocery store in the ground floor. They have a music speaker mounted outside the building so that customers can hear music as they shop for vegetables in the bins outside the store. This music is very annoying to me and my neighbors.

The landlord has been talking with the store owner who says he has some sort of permission to do this. I am guessing the permission is for inside the store only.

His initial response was to move the speaker from below my window to another section of the building. It is now not as noisy for me but more noisy for others.

Anyone know how this works in NYC?

Many thanks
Peter J. Heller
646 263-0803
www.peterjheller.com <http://www.peterjheller.com/>
Consultants to Nonprofits
– Campaigns, Feasibility Studies, Training

 <applewebdata://C0AE5A29-B5D0-4E44-81B3-C96E1ADB5A70/www.peterjheller.com>