[Fredslist] Medical Attorney/Any Attorney advice ????

Ellyn Finkelstein ellynfinkelstein at danielgale.com
Mon May 23 01:34:24 EDT 2016

Fellow Gotham Attorneys - of which we have many wonderful ones!

Perhaps you can help with some advice.

Last week my mom went to the ER at Einstein hospital in the Bronx. She had fallen on her knees a few days prior and was still in pain/barely able to stand much less walk. Ambulance took her to ER at Einstein hospital in the Bronx so we could get some x-rays to make sure there were no fractures/breaks. After being there from 2 pm to 4am/ X-rays were finally taken.  All was well. Doctor in ER prescribed for mom a medication called Tramadol/to be taken every 8 hours for pain. She was sent home where she does have round the clock aides to take care of her.

Before letting mom take any medication I always check with her psychiatrist since she takes an anti-depressant/ Nardil which you have to be careful with. Doesn't mix well with other meds.

Good thing I ran this by her doctor. As stated by her Psychiatrist in his e mail to me:

"Can't take Tramadol with Nardil -it's a blatant contraindication. Serotonin syndrome risk and very dangerous. Egregious error."  Luckily mom was not admitted to hospital and given this medication. Luckily, I checked with her doctor first.  Does my mom have an recourse?????

I still have the prescription in my possession.  Thanks, All!

Sincerely,
Ellyn Finkelstein
Real Estate Salesperson
Eco-Broker, GREEN
Daniel Gale Sotheby's International Realty
7951 Jericho Tpke.
Woodbury, NY  11797
Office: 516.677.0030 Ext 305
Cell: 516.972.8649