[Fredslist] someone looking for an administrative job

Barry Newman BNewman at tswealth.com
Thu Feb 25 17:14:30 EST 2016

To all Gothamites,

Below is a cover letter and resume for Julie Menkes, a young lady I have known for years, and who is looking for a new job. She is very reliable, and has a great personality to handle what she is looking for. If anyone can help here, please reach out to Julie directly

Thank you

  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D16FEF.FCDEECF0]

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D107F7.C37F2020]

www.tswealth.com<http://www.tswealth.com/>

[:linkedin.jpg]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/traust-sollus>[:Social Icons Pack Plus:icons:twitter.jpg]<https://twitter.com/TraustSollus>[:Social Icons Pack Plus:icons:googleplus.jpg]<https://plus.google.com/102292403615641946830/about>[Macintosh HD:Users:ecstaff:Desktop:facebook.jpg]<https://www.facebook.com/TraustSollusWealth>

Barry Newman, CPA
Principal
bnewman at tswealth.com<mailto:bnewman at tswealth.com>
Phone: (212) 661-8682 Fax: (212) 661-8684
Phone: (609) 779-6700 Fax: (609) 779-6701

Heron Tower
70 East 55th Street - 12th Floor
New York, NY 10022

103 Carnegie Center
Suite 205
Princeton, NJ 08540

Confidentiality  and Client Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.   If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

Please remember to contact Traust Sollus Wealth Management, in writing, if there are any changes in your personal/financial situation or investment objectives for the purpose of reviewing/evaluating/revising our previous recommendations and/or services, or if you want to impose, add, to modify any reasonable restrictions to our investment advisory services, or if you wish to direct that Traust Sollus Wealth Management effect any specific transactions for your account. Please be advised that there can be no assurance that any email request will be reviewed and/or acted upon on the day it is received-please be guided accordingly. A copy of our current written disclosure statement discussing our advisory services and fees continues to remain available for your review upon request.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am reliable and driven professional wth 5+ years experience working in business administration, and am especially skilled in creative fields.

I am versatile in my abilities and am well-qualified to handle responsibilities ranging from bookkeeping to human resource management, but above all consider myself above all to be a strong and effective communicator who works hard to ensure that "the ball is not dropped."  I pride myself on being strategic and intuitive-- anticipating the needs of others to increase efficiency is a principle I value and practice.  Additionally, I am pragmatic, tenacious and am ever-willing to go the extra mile.

I believe that my past experiences have afforded me an excellent opportunity to succeed in the position.  I've included my resume for consideration and look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
Julie Menkes

Julie Menkes
Brooklyn, New York *  516.582.9002 *   juliemmichelle at gmail.com<mailto:juliemmichelle at gmail.com>

[cid:image002.png at 01D16FED.8B59B760]
Experience
Biergarten LLC, Executive Assistant to Chef April Bloomfield                                          March 2015 - December 2015
New York, New York
*         Provided administrative support to a high-profile chef, including but not limited to: schedule management, detailed travel arrangements, financial management and record keeping, menu and event planning.
*         Worked closely with a public relations team to develop marketing strategies.
*         Fielded and assessed national and international press and talent opportunities.
*         Drafted and edited written materials on behalf of Chef Bloomfield to be published on various platforms.
*         Provided administrative support to managerial staff at Chef Bloomfield's restaurants.
*         Tracked and assessed the development of upcoming and prospective business endeavors.

Le Marais, Bookkeeper                                                                                                           July 2013 -- March 2015
New York, New York
*         Managed accounts payable and accounts receivable.
*         Built and analyzed financial reports, including PnL's, balance sheets, check reports, etc.
*         Created and monitored budgets.
*         Posted payroll for a company of 100+ employees.
*         Reconciled 5+ bank and credit card accounts.
*         Provided inventory reporting.
*         Maintained strong vendor and customer relationships.
*         Executed various administrative and human resource duties.

Recette, Office Manager                                                                                                   September 2012 -- July 2013
New York, New York
*         Co-developed and implemented marketing strategies to increase customer base.
*         Planned private parties and events, including business dinners, weddings, bridal showers, etc.
*         Managed bookkeeping duties including, but not limited to: AR, payroll, budgeting, P&L's.
*         Handled human resources in compliance with NYS law.
*         Designed and edited menus using InDesign.
*         Provided inventory reporting.
*         Managed POS System (Credit card reconciliation, payment troubleshooting, programming menu items, etc.)

Mas Farmhouse, Office Manager                                                                                          April 2011 -- August 2012
New York, New York
*         Oversaw the daily, back-end operations for one of New York's top rated restaurants.
*         Assisted with bookkeeping, including invoice management and paying bills.
*         Streamlined systems to ensure proper communication between front and back of house.
*         Assisted in research and development for opening of the company's sister restaurant, Almanac (formerly Mas La Grillade)
*         Facilitated staff education.

Blue Smoke, Pastry Assistant                                                                                                   April 2009 -- April 2011
New York, New York
*         Carried out item production including, but not limited to, ice cream, pies, and breads.
*         Plated desserts during dinner service for a fast-paced and high-volume restaurant.
*         Conceptualized, baked and decorated specialty cakes for weddings and birthdays.
*         Developed new menu items and daily specials.

Morrell Caterers, Assistant Pastry Chef                                                                         September 2007 -- March 2009
Woodbury, New York
*         Detailed dessert, bread and cake production for a leading catering company that served nearly 3,000 people per week.
*         Created custom wedding cake designs.
*         Worked closely with customers to create menus suited to their liking.
*         Planned projects and established an efficient work pace.
*         Enforced NYS food management laws.
*         Managed a team of 8 people.

Pastry Art & Design/ Chocolatier Magazine, Editorial Intern                                                  March 2007 -- June 2007
New York, New York
*         Tested, developed and edited recipes.
*         Wrote editorial pieces including, but not limited to, feature articles, cookbook reviews and talent biographies.
*         Assisted with food styling and set design on photo shoots.

Fiamma Osteria, Maitre D'                                                                                                February 2006 -- May 2007
New York, New York
*         Plotted floor plans to ensure guests were seated in a timely and orderly manner, for a Michelin starred restaurant.
*         Directed a team of 3 to 4 hosts on a daily basis.
*         Checked in with guests to make sure they were properly taken care of.
*         Assisted the General Manager with various tasks.
*         Facilitated staff education.

Education
Baking and Pastry Diploma, 2007
Institute of Culinary Education, New York, NY

B.A. in Journalism and Media, 2006 Hunter College, New York, NY Cumulative GPA: 3.60 (Cum Laude)

Skills
MAC OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
Microsoft Office Suite (Current) Quickbooks
MAS 90
Elementary Photoshop
Various Social Media Platforms

References Available Upon Request