[Fredslist] Holiday Party Surprise-Thank you Gotham for the amazing contribution to honor my father!

Amparo Connors Amparo at alliedpersonnel.com
Wed Dec 7 18:12:13 EST 2016

Last night's Gotham Cocktail party was a terrific evening for all! It was especially so for me thanks to a wonderful surprise. Four grants, of $5,000 each, were announced and one of them was in memory of my father Hernando Diaz.

Papi passed away 11/18, he suffered from dementia but also from Muscular Dystrophy.  Gotham chose the Muscular Dystrophy Association, my suggested charity, as a grant recipient! What an incredible surprise and honor. When I thanked those present for selecting this wonderful organization I mentioned (more like babbled) that my two sisters, and two cousins, also suffer from this debilitating, often life ending disease that robs people of so much.

After the party I went to Mom's to tell her and my sister in person of the grant. They too were very touched by the thoughtful and wonderful gesture to honor my Dad's memory, and help people like my family who pray for a cure.  My entire family is very grateful!

Thank you Fred, Nancy, Tribal Council and all who contributed to the Gotham Season of Giving.  This is a very special Holiday Gift; you truly are a 2nd family.

Happy Holidays to all; may the spirit of giving continue to live in each of us every day of the coming year.

With great appreciation; Amparo Diaz-Connors & Family

(PS-Enclosed two pics courtesy of Fred)

Amparo M .Connors, President
Allied Personnel Services, Inc., Green Staff NY
NY City & State Certified M/WBE
718.261.7979  ~  212.451.0235
Corp HQ: 118-21 Queens Boulevard; Suite 310 Forest Hills NY 11375
amparo at alliedpersonnel.com<mailto:amparo at alliedpersonnel.com>                      www.alliedpersonnel.com<http://www.alliedpersonnel.com/>