[Fredslist] Help for island of Dominica post TS Erika

absandpe at aol.com absandpe at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 12:02:17 EDT 2015

Dear Listmates:

I am sure many of you have heard of the damage that Tropical Storm Erika caused last week in the Caribbean.  Farrah La Ronde-Hutchinson is a young woman I came to know through the Long Island Women's Agenda.  She is a native of Dominica and has family there.  She came to Long Island after she and her husband survived Katrina.  She has started a relief fund via her company, Gaia's Essence, to send aid to the survivors of the storm, many of whom have lost everything.  Please see below.  If you can help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.  See her words below:

Hi Annamarie,

 Thanks for supporting and sending the supplies. My parents and sister are alive. The damage is just that of material things which can be replaced. After going through Katrina 10 years ago I know how much the support means when you have lost everything.

I have been trying to be the strongest I can for my family. I started a relief fund via Gaia’s Essence and have been accepting monetary, clothing, food and medical supplies donations. I would be very grateful if you are able to support in any way. If you know anyone on Long Island who could assist in medical supplies as well we have a list of items I can share with you. You can learn more from the link here.          http://gaiasessence.com/healdominica/

Thanks again for being so sweet.

-Farrah

           <ge.gif>

             Farrah La Ronde-Hutchison